Getting Along with Python is an introduction to helpful practices and tools for making projects with Python - not the programming itself, but technical stuff around it that helps you do things right with less fighting.
It’s designed for people who are not brand new to Python, but want to learn more about what’s out there to make life easier with Python, and are willing to invest a little time earlier in order to save time and frustration later.
- Prerequisite: basic knowledge of Python (e.g., use the Python tutorial or take a class).
- Install Python packages with pip.
- Manage Python dependencies with virtualenv.
- Track changes in a version control system.
- Apply community style conventions.
- Run syntax and style checkers.
- Write automated tests.
- Log messages with the logging module.
- Use a debugger.
- Document your project.
- Make installable Python packages.
- Keep learning.